Monday, November 26, 2012

Plant Team Profiles: Matt Moore

This week we'll meet Matt Moore.  Matt is a personal trainer who has an established ministry of writing and speaking.  You can check out his blog here.


N2N: Could you briefly describe how you came to faith? 
MM: I came to faith about 2.5 years ago, when the Holy Spirit awakened me to the reality of my sin---of all places, in a gay bar. Over the course of the next 6 months (through studying the Word of God) I really began to understand the depth of my brokenness, which enabled me to really see my need for the grace of God in the Cross of Christ. Jesus was, and is, my only hope for salvation. 

N2N: How has the Lord brought you to be interested in church planting/being part of a church plant? 
MM: The Lord put the desire in my heart to be a part of this New Orleans church plant 3 or 4 months ago, and has continued to prove this to be His will in clear, objective ways since I committed.

N2N: Why New Orleans?  
MM: New Orleans is a city full of rampant sexual immorality, endless drunkenness and idolatrous self-worship----exactly the lifestyle that the Lord saved me from. I can relate to these people in ways that not everyone can and I want my life to be an example to them of God's transforming power. There's more joy in obedience to Christ than there is in the indulgence of the flesh, and I can communicate that to them from personal experience. 

N2N: What is the next step for you or your family in moving to NOLA?
MM: I am moving this Saturday, Dec 1.

N2N: How can we we praying for your family as the move to NOLA draws near?
MM: Just pray that God do with me what He wills, and that I would willingly submit to whatever that may look like. I want to present my life as a blank check before the Lord, to be spent however He deems good and pleasing to Him. I don't want to hesitate in obedience and waste time. But I also don't want to rush into anything that He hasn't equipped me or called me to do. Pray that I would have discernment in discovering His specific will for me in New Orleans.

Join us in praying that God would protect and guide Matt as he makes his move this weekend!

Soli Deo Gloria

No comments:

Post a Comment